sábado, 9 de mayo de 2009

Prologue

My name is German according to a deceased aunt of mine. She told me years ago that Velog is related to Herzog - an improbable connection if you ask me. Is Velog really a German name? I have my doubts but it is my name and I suppose it may be German. Blovelish, my surname, is of course English. Its unfortunate resemblance to a post modern art form is beyond my control and nothing more than a coincidence. I further confess that I have been told that Velog is a shortened version of Novelog but I am sure that I was being mercilessly teased by that person. My surname has often provided ample opportunity for schoolyard taunts; Blowfish being the main one. But that was decades ago and I have a novel to present to you. The protagonist shares with his creator an unusual name - Allard Keeley - but it is if unsusual nonetheless plausible. Given the fact that he is Canadian I point out here that the name is French and the surname is Irish of course. Consider the ubiquitous Pierre McGuire, well known to all fans of ice hockey. I happen to prefer soccer but regardless, Allard Keeley is possible if improbable as a name. So here on these pages, expect shortly the adventures of one Allard Keeley, a Canadian surviving in Mar del Plata.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario