domingo, 24 de mayo de 2009

RSClef9

Ariel moves towards me with that loping strut of his, Rasta locks bundled up in a woolen cap that just covers his fake diamond earrings. Or are they real? I´m a little unsettled because I swear I just witnessed him talking to a motorcycle cop who has just turned onto Luro, speeding off towards the shore. The fountain is crowded with kids, floggers over closer to the grassy areas of Plaza San Martin, goths and darks nearer to the cathedral. Was Ariel just now talking to that cop? I hate coming to buy weed at the best of times; an aging Canadian in Mar del Plata is hardly inconspicuous, but Ariel always laughs off my paranoia. And Isadora thinks it´s arrogant egotism on my part - Mardel is as ethnically diverse as most places. Who knows or cares where I happen to be from? Anyway, this shopping expedition is my gesture towards Isa and Greta´s needs; especially Greta who could I suppose claim medical ones. Possesion, even for relatively small amounts, is still a crime although judges tend to prescribe treatment rather than jail. So my anxiety is understandable every time Isa can´t make the trip herself and asks me to go in her place.

The brotherly hand grip. The kiss on the cheek. His beard scratches my face. Questions about his band, our partners, his child. We chat a moment or two and then head away from San Luis and towards the park, passing some street musicians - mostly drummers with assorted congos and percussive instruments. Ariel is all reggae but he exchanges nods and smiles with them. Maybe they´re clients. Oops, sorry. No one is a dealer here apparently. Everyone´s a user who shares with others - at cost presumably. I try to relax. God I hate doing this. I barely smoked at all in the seventies and even less in the eighties. Ariel asks what I need and I suggest 50 pesos worth. His head sways back and forth like an eagle´s riding a breeze. He´s calculating amounts and I realize that indeed prices have come down since the confiscation from El Arcangelo.

Te doy la mitad ahora y te alcanzo lo que resta

I smile but insist that I´ll pay only for what he has on him and when he has more we´ll meet again. We settle on 30 pesos worth and I slip the plastic bag into my windbreaker as we pass by an enormous aging pine. I hand him a twenty and a ten. We reach the fountain and cut through some floggers snapping pictures of each other. An insult wafts towards them from some goths on the other side of the fountain. But I doubt trouble will break out between them here in the plaza. It´s when they´re stumbling out of clubs at 5 in the morning that someone´s head seems to get kicked in. Ariel sends his greetings to Isa and we shake hands, kiss and I´m on my way up San Martin. I´ll catch a cab on Independencia and soon I´ll be rid of this cargo. Isa will be pleased as hell.

She floats happily around the apartment lighting incense and creeping down the hallway just to make sure one more time that Oriana is out. Of course she´s out. She´ll be hanging with her pack till nearly dawn as usual. Unfortunately once Isadora has smoked, her constant worrying about her daughter will turn even more obsessive and she´ll start text messaging her every few minutes. That´ll infuriate Ori and she´ll come home even later than usual or sleep over at Inita´s home. And Isa will spend a sleepless night making it even harder for me to sleep. But right now she´s happily lighting her carefully rolled spliff and I´ll soon be reluctantly accepting a toke and enduring her admonishments for not inhaling deeply enough. Like a drunk holding her giddyness in check, she carefully plans how to allocate this mana, this incense and myrrh granted us. Greta will get her due share and nothing more. I´ve heard it all often enough, but she´s infectiously happy and I know schemes will begin to pour out of her as the THC works it´s way through her system. And of course they´ll be new schemes replacing those from the last time she smoked.

But instead she suddenly straddles me and kisses me hard with a frantic tongue that makes my neck sore. Not too difficult to intuit that tonight she doesn´t want to go slowly. She´s been suggesting what forms of carefully crafted depravity she wants me to visit upon her. Sometimes it´s so sincere and sweet the way she says it that it makes me laugh and I end up annoying her. She´s grinding hard with her hips against my crotch and my underwear is all tangled so I guide her ass with my hands and wait for the opportunity to assume a more comfortable position without looking like I´m losing my passion - at which point she may break away and stomp into the bedroom slamming the door behind her. I hear the wind rattling the shutters and I´m top of her quickly, surprising myself with the ferociousness of my agility. Her joyful little squeal trails off into a worried silence but I stay on top and we disrobe in short bursts like frantic athletes on the sidelines getting ready to enter the pitch. And she says No but I ejaculate inside her and collapse against her chest. I´m sweatier than normal and dizzy. Did I just wake up? Did I faint? Her eyes are wide open and looking curiously at me.
My body is buzzing and disjointed - I feel like something´s happened beyond the sex but I´m confused. She pushes my face away from her and holds it between her hands surveying me carefully. I don´t bother showering and instead collapse in bed. Isa stays on her side but when I awake in the middle of the night she´s curled up beside me and sound asleep.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario